Super Install for Superdrug
Install for Superdrug, Yeovil
We were asked by our Customer to help design a replacement lift with added features to help minimise the damage caused by flooding. This included remote power pack and control panel both located away from the pit at a level that will not be affected by water.
The lift was delivered via HIAB, skated into position using a portable gantry and chain clock and lowered into the pit. All in line with safety measures and to eliminate manual handling problems for engineers.
Description of typical installation works:
- Attend Site induction if required
- Check for clear access to lift location
- Ensure the lifting area is clear and all site personnel are informed of lift Installation.
- Erect bollards and barriers if required for site and public safety
- HIAB to deliver lift to site and crane to offload lift onto machine skates
- Lift maneuvered to pit on machine skates
- Assemble portable gantry, beam with trolley and chain block
- Portable gantry used to lower lift into pit
- Shims used to level lift in pit, then bolt down
- Connect lift to power, isolator provided by site
- Secure all hoses in conduit/trunking and run cables to the isolator
- Check controls and switches are working correctly
- Touch up paint where required
- Clean working area
- Remove packaging to the area identified by Superdrug
- Commission lift
Our Senior Engineer carried out the first Site visit and along with our Installation Engineer completed the project to its final stages.
For more information, please visit Projects